Segregated Investment Fund Policies and You
A segregated investment fund is a pool of money invested in a variety of stocks, bonds, or other securities through professional fund managers. Segregated funds are only available through an insurance company.
- Maturity and death benefit guarantees – Segregated investment fund policies protect part or all of your capital investment. They guarantee the value at maturity.
- Income benefit guarantee – On some policies, you can choose to receive a guaranteed income for life.
- Creditor protection – Because segregated investment funds are part of an insurance policy, your policy may be protected from creditors.
- No trustee fees – For registered segregated investment fund policy, there are no trustee.
- Estate bypass – Upon the annuitant’s death, proceeds go directly to named beneficiaries & bypassing the delays and expense of the probate process.
- Privacy – You can keep the details of your segregated fund policy private. If an estate goes through probate, the details are available to the public. However, with segregated investment fund policies, the money passes privately to a named beneficiary.
Are Segregated Investment Fund Policies Right For You?
Consult with Mylene to determine how segregated fund policies may fit into your financial plans. I can help you find the right segregated funds to suit your risk tolerance, investment knowledge, the time you have to invest and your investment objective.