“People don’t need insurance because they are going to die… they need it because they are going to live”. Quoted by Dr. Marius Barnard.
Disability insurance (DI)
Accidents and illnesses can happen to anyone at any time. This type of coverage offers you access to competitive disability insurance to protect your most valuable asset – your ability to earn an income. This has been developed for the diverse needs of business owners, professionals, executives and employees in mind. This is why having DI as part of your Living Benefits is a good solution.
Critical illness insurance (CI)
No one plans to get sick but when something unexpected happens, you can help yourself and your family by being financially prepared.
Critical illness insurance is designed to help financially support policy owner before, during and after treatment by providing a lump-sum benefit when a critical illness is diagnosed.
Consider some of the potential uses for the funds from a critical illness insurance policy:
- Modifications to your home
- Private nursing or domestic help
- Timely treatment outside Canada
- Additional staff to run your business
Designed to meet the needs of business owners and individuals ages 30 to 50 and ideal for:
- Asset protection
- Mortgage and debt protection
- Supplementing gaps in disability insurance coverage
- Improving an employee benefits package
- Business partnership protection
A CI policy covers 24 conditions and will complement your disability and life insurance protection.
There is also a no medical CI Policy with Manulife’s Lifecheque Basic Critical Illness Insurance offers:
- Coverage for 5 major illnesses including cancer, heart disease, stroke, aeortic surgery and coronary artery bypass surgery.
- Lump sum payments of $25,000, $50,000 or $75,000 with a Return of Premium option.
- Coverage for applicants between the ages of 18 and 75.